Hello from Rever! We are a young startup with a big mission: to develop the next billion knowledge workers.
We're headquartered in Silicon Valley, with an operations center in Guadalajara, Mexico's tech hub. We come from companies like Google, Toyota, Apple, Airbus, Eurocopter, Hewlett-Packard, Rackspace, IBM, Procter & Gamble and Intel.
About our product:
At Rever ( reverscore.com) we have developed an online platform that enables companies to engage all of their frontline employees in daily innovation. In a way, we humanize the workers by giving them a voice and empowering them to improve their own work.
This cool video shows what we're up to:
About the Role: Lead UX Designer
The challenge: we have a relatively new user base - frontline workers in manufacturing shopfloors, warehouses, oil rigs, agricultural fields, retail counters, construction sites, etc. Many of them in developing countries just got a smartphone for the first time. Their first encounter with the internet is not through a computer but through a phone. They have a demanding physical job and very little free time.
Your mission: to instill in them the habit of daily innovation through teamwork by developing an attractive and intuitive graphical interface and a rewarding experience.
You are part design-artist, part businessperson, part psychologist and part mind-reader: you can quickly dive into the shoes and situations of our users. You don't wait to be told what to do: you ask questions to understand the problem we are solving for our users, and you think creatively on how to provide the best solution. Since you will be one of the first hires at Rever, we will be extremely selective: you will be key in attracting and recruiting other members of the team in the future. This means you need to be at the top of your game technically, so you can gain the respect of others and coach them to improve their skills. People should WANT to work with you.
Reporting directly to the CTO, here are some duties you would be responsible for (plus other things, this is a startup after all):
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
If you already have most of these skills, you have a great chance. We also value fast-learners:
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio on mobile apps.
- Solid UX experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping tools like InVision.
- Experience in working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, sales, and marketing.
- Worked in an agile environment and have experience in the scrum methodology.
Bachelor degree in Graphic Design, Interaction/UX Design or related field. Or maybe you are a self-taught genius with enough experience.
- 5+ years of experience in UI/UX Design.
- 2+ years experience in Mobile UI/UX Design
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish
LOCATION: Guadalajara, Mexico.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.
- Stock options
- Unmatched growth opportunities based on true meritocracy.
- Vibrant and flexible work environment. A place you'll actually look forward to work in!
- Working schedule for grownups: flexible times, remote work possibilities and sufficient vacations so you don't need to count the days.
- Who wants to spend a small fortune eating out every day? Not us. That's why we enjoy delicious food catering daily. And it's free (for you, at least).
- Coffee to fuel your productive self. And beer to wind down at the end of the day.
Send us your CV to email@example.com