Hello from Rever! We are a young startup with a big mission: to develop the next billion knowledge workers.
We're headquartered in Silicon Valley, with an operations center in Guadalajara, Mexico's tech hub. We come from companies like Google, Toyota, Apple, Airbus, Eurocopter, Hewlett-Packard, Rackspace, IBM, Procter & Gamble and Intel.
ABOUT OUR PRODUCT
At Rever (reverscore.com) we have developed an online platform that enables companies to engage all of their frontline employees in daily innovation. In a way, we humanize the workers by giving them a voice and empowering them to improve their own work.
This cool video shows what we're up to:
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a front end web development rockstar. You don't wait to be told what to do: you ask questions to understand the problem we are solving for our users, and you think creatively on how to provide the best solution. Since you will be one of the first hires at Rever, we will be extremely selective: you will be key in attracting and recruiting other members of the team in the future. This means you need to be at the top of your game technically, so you can gain the respect of others and coach them to improve their skills. People should WANT to work with you.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, here are some duties you would be responsible for (plus other things, this is a startup after all):
- Help engineer and architect new solutions in the current development environment (Vue.JS)
- Develop and maintain all of our web based projects
- Manage production, QA and staging environments on a CD/CI environment
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics and logging systems
- Develop within our security and privacy guidelines
If you already have most of these skills, you have a great chance. We also value fast-learners:
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- Integration with REST APIs
- Deep understanding of source control systems and the willingness to learn (SVN, Git, etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics or Mixpanel
You most likely have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Management, or related field. Or maybe you are a self-taught genius with enough experience.
- At least 2 years relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with JS frameworks like Vue.js, React or AngularJS.
- Experience in development environments based on agile methodologies (i.e. SCRUM)
- Experience with web security and security standards like OWASP Top 10 is a plus
- Knowledge of the Linux terminal and shell commands is a plus
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish
LOCATION: Guadalajara, Mexico.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.
- Unmatched growth opportunities based on true meritocracy.
- Vibrant and flexible work environment. A place you'll actually look forward to work in!
- Working schedule for grownups: flexible times, remote work possibilities and sufficient vacations so you don't need to count the days.
- Who wants to spend a small fortune eating out every day? Not us. That's why we enjoy delicious food catering daily. And it's free (for you, at least).
- Coffee to fuel your productive self. And beer to wind down at the end of the day.
Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org