Hello from Rever! We are a young startup with a big mission: to develop the next billion knowledge workers.
We're headquartered in Silicon Valley, with an operations center in Guadalajara, Mexico's tech hub. We come from companies like Google, Toyota, Apple, Airbus, Eurocopter, Hewlett-Packard, Rackspace, IBM, Procter & Gamble and Intel.
About our product:
At Rever ( reverscore.com) we have developed an online platform that enables companies to engage all of their frontline employees in daily innovation. In a way, we humanize the workers by giving them a voice and empowering them to improve their own work.
This cool video shows what we're up to:
About the role: Backend Engineer
We're looking for a backend engineer who doesn't wait to be told what to do, who asks questions to understand the problem we are solving for our users, and who thinks creatively on how to provide the best solution. Since you will be one of the first hires at Rever, we will be extremely selective: you will be key in attracting and recruiting other members of the team in the future. This means you need to be at the top of your game technically, so you can gain the respect of others and coach them to improve their skills. People should WANT to work with you.
Here are some duties you would be responsible for (plus other things, this is a startup after all):
- Help engineer and architect new solutions in the current development environment with some of the coolest technologies today
- Help develop and maintain our API and our microservices written in Node.js, Python and Ruby
- Help automate our infrastructure and processes since we don't like to repeat the same process over and over again.
- Fix anything that needs fixing and to improve anything that needs to be improved.
If you like a new challenge every day and you have an extreme level of commitment, you have a great chance. We value fast-learners but we're looking for a rockstar that has experience on:
- Node.js, Express.js and Loopback mainly.
- REST APIs
- Another high level programming language like Python (big plus), Ruby, PHP or a scripting language like Bash
- Understanding of source control systems like Git
We also value people who are involved in open source communities. We really value your contributions on Github.
You most likely have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Management, or related field. Or maybe you are a self-taught genius with enough experience.
- At least 2 years relevant industry experience.
- Proven experience working with Node.js frameworks like Express.js, Loopback or any other Express.js based framework.
- Experience in development environments based on agile methodologies (i.e. SCRUM)
- Knowledge of the Linux terminal and shell commands is a plus
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish
LOCATION: Guadalajara, Mexico.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.
- Stock options
- Unmatched growth opportunities based on true meritocracy.
- Vibrant and flexible work environment. A place you'll actually look forward to work in!
- Working schedule for grownups: flexible times, remote work possibilities and sufficient vacations so you don't need to count the days.
Who wants to spend a small fortune eating out every day? Not us. That's why we enjoy delicious food catering daily. And it's free (for you, at least).
Coffee to fuel your productive self. And beer to wind down at the end of the day.
Send us your CV to email@example.com