Hello from Rever! We are a young startup with a big mission: to develop the next billion knowledge workers.
We're headquartered in Silicon Valley, with an operations center in Guadalajara, Mexico's tech hub. We come from companies like Google, Toyota, Apple, Airbus, Eurocopter, Hewlett-Packard, Rackspace, IBM, Procter & Gamble and Intel.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
At Rever ( reverscore.com) we have developed an online platform that enables companies to engage all of their frontline employees in daily innovation. In a way, we humanize the workers by giving them a voice and empowering them to improve their own work.
This cool video shows what we're up to:
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a full-stack engineer who doesn't wait to be told what to do, who asks questions to understand the problem we are solving for our users, and who thinks creatively on how to provide the best solution. You need to be at the top of your game technically, so you can gain the respect of others and coach them to improve their skills. People should WANT to work with you.
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, here are some duties you would be responsible for (plus other things, this is a startup after all):
- Help engineer and architect new solutions
- Manage production, QA and staging environments
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics and logging systems
- Ensure systems availability and scalability
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines
- Oversee Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Extend the current platform with new integrations and technologies (i.e. Machine Learning)
- Automate tasks wherever possible
If you like a new challenge every day and you have an extreme level of commitment, you have a great chance. We value fast-learners but we're looking for a rockstar that has experience on:
- At least 2 years relevant industry experience.
- Experience in development environments based on agile methodologies (i.e. SCRUM)
- Good understanding of Git
- Experience working with cloud and dedicated platforms (AWS/EC2, Rackspace Open Cloud, Firewall, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Experience with Nginx web servers and back-end technologies such as node.js
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with non-relational databases like MongoDB
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics or Mixpanel
- Understanding of protocols and technologies such as HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, DNS
- Knowledge of the Linux terminal and shell
- Experience with Python is a big plus
We also value people who are involved in open source communities. We really value your contributions on Github.
You most likely have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Management, or related field. Or maybe you are a self-taught genius with enough experience.
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish
LOCATION: Guadalajara, Mexico.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.
- Unmatched growth opportunities based on true meritocracy.
- Vibrant and flexible work environment. A place you'll actually look forward to work in!
- Working schedule for grownups: flexible times, remote work possibilities and sufficient vacations so you don't need to count the days.
- Who wants to spend a small fortune eating out every day? Not us. That's why we enjoy delicious food catering daily. And it's free (for you, at least).
- Coffee to fuel your productive self. And beer to wind down at the end of the day.
Send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org