Rever Adds Digital DMAIC Tool to Frontline Platform
2 minutes, 14 seconds read
DMAIC (pronounced Deh-May-Ick) is a problem-solving framework that takes teams from discovering root causes to long-term, stable standard work. The powerful five-step process is simple enough to be used by a wide range of individuals and applicable to any number of process problems.
The DMAIC consists of the following five steps:
- Define: Describe the problems that need to be solved and for the key business decision-makers to be aligned on the goal of the project
- Measure: Collect the relevant information to baseline the current performance of the product or the process.
- Analyze: Identify which process inputs or parameters have the most critical effect on the outputs.
- Improve: Identify a wide range of potential solutions before identifying the critical solutions which will give us the maximum return for our investment and directly fix the root cause we identified.
- Control: Ensure that the new changes become business as normal and we do not revert to the same way of working as before.
Why standardize your Problem Solving on DMAIC?
- Simple and accessible for everyone. While there is some basic training required, the process is intuitive enough that it can be used by a very broad audience.
- Drive a data-driven improvement process. DMAIC drives a standardized collection of information and ensures a focus on the facts and the data associated with the problem.
- Ensure a consistent process with deep analysis. The steps of the DMAIC process help everyone to go through a comprehensive analysis of the problem, and the associate solution.
- Apply to a wide variety of problems. DMAIC can be applied to a wide range of problems which allows individuals to consistently use their skills, as well as collaborate more easily.
Watch a quick overview video:
DMAIC is now featured in the Rever problem solving module, providing the following advantages for you to incorporate DMAIC for as many people as possible in your organization.
- Anyone with a PC across the organization has access.
- Step-by-step guided workflow through the entire process.
- Collaboration is facilitated with virtual teams.
- Real-time insights and shared learnings are available across your organization.
- Financial impact is tracked for each problem to show performance improvement.
- Complements Rever’s Innovation and Quick Fix workflows to provide a complete toolset and central repository for all your lean activities.
- Recognize those that are contributing to your program and elevating operational performance.
“Rever has allowed us to activate a standardized DMAIC problem solving methodology across the company. We are now collaborating better not only inside the organization, but also with our suppliers and customers.”
Get started today.
Like this content? Sign up for our Newsletter
THE FRONTLINE DOJO
How to develop the next billion Knowledge Workers
3 minutes, 51 seconds read
Digital transformation in manufacturing is not what you think it is
10 minutes, 36 seconds read
The human side of change management: lessons learned from Toyota, Airbus, and Silicon Valley
1 minute, 28 seconds read
The true meaning of Genchi Genbutsu
3 minutes, 5 seconds read